This is my first time doing a favourites/goals blog, and I really wanted to do it to keep track of my journey and motivate myself to work harder at what I want. I’ve seen a lot of people make these posts and I really want to try my hand at it!.
I’ll first talk about some favourites for July. There is a few makeup things, some music, a few bits and bobs!.
- The first thing I want to talk about is rosehip and sea buckthorn oil. Obviously I’ve done a post on this so I’m not going to say too much. I’ve been using these oils for a few weeks now, and although I’m not always super consistent with a lot of things, like skincare, but even missing some days, my skin looks and feels so much better since using this!. I can’t wait to see how my skin looks in a month or so.
- I’ve recently been using the W7 contour stick and have really been liking it. I like that it’s more of a warmer shade, which I know is weird as a lot of people like cooler tones to contour with. This blends out beautifully and isn’t patchy or anything. The other end also has a beautiful cream highlighter and I love it as it’s very natural and is really hydrating.
- BarryM has some strobe cream highlighters and I picked 2 up to try out as my powder highlighters were really picking up on dry patches. I love both of these highlighters, one is very natural and the other is super fun, pearly with a purple shift. These both look amazing on the skin and last well.
- I’ve been loving the Rimmel stay matte setting powder again. I used to use it all the time, stopped for a while because I thought it made me look really dry and cakes, but since changing other products in my makeup routine this powder adds the perfect amount of matte and really helps prolong my makeup. It is the perfect finishing touch for my base.
- The final piece of makeup for this months favourites is the LA girl strove lite strobing powder in 100 watt. I have got another of these powders that was just way too light and made me look ashy, whereas this one is more of a gold champagne colour and suits my skin perfectly. I love the level of shine it gives off, and it isn’t too in your face, yet can be built up. I use this on top of a cream highlighter to stop it looking so dry and it just works beautifully.
- One other thing that I’ve been LOVING in July is Imagine Dragons new album, Evolve. I’ve had it on repeat most of the month, which is strange considering I’ve never been a big fan of theirs! I blame my boyfriend. I pick up all of his habits. My favourite songs on the album are ‘mouth of the river’, ‘I’ll make it up to you’, and ‘whatever it takes’. The last one really motivates me to be the best version of myself and work hard so I love listening to it in my spare time.
Onto my goals for august. I really wanted to try and set some little targets to get myself closer to being the person that I’ve dreamed of being, and getting myself to a place where I’m happy with everything in my life.
- My first goal is to be more regular at blogging. Currently I blog once or twice a month and that isn’t getting me as far as I wanted. It’s time to really put effort into making my blog and online presence something to be proud of. I hope to post a blog atheist once a week.
- My second goal is something I’ve touched on in this blog post already. I really want to improve my consistency. I want to have a good consistent skincare routine and stick with it whether I’m tired or short on time because I think it’ll really help. I also want to be more consistent with my diet. At the moment I eat like crap one week, and eat like a saint the next. I need to find a balance and stick to it, including drinking more water!. My nailcare needs to move up in my priorities as well as my nails are constantly breaking due to work and just not putting the effort in.
- After a little bit of a splurge at the end of July, I really want august to be about saving my money and using what I already have. I’m at the point in life where I’m saving up for a deposit on a house and any extra money will be useful so I need to really focus on that this month, I’ve been doing well so far, though it has only been 3 days.
- I’d like to review more products. I have plenty of things that I’ve bought and tried, I just really need to get round to putting my thoughts out into the world. This will also help with goal 1.
- I want to improve my picture taking skills. I think since purchasing 2 soft boxes, my pictures have improved, I just hope to keep on that path.
- I read a blog post the other day where a girl did picture tutorials on her blog and I really loved that idea. I would love to try this out and I eventually want to get round to uploading YouTube videos, but I think this is a great place to start.
- My final goal is to do more yoga. Because of my work, I lift a lot of heavy things, and don’t take the best care of my body. After straining my back a few months ago, I tried yoga as I’d read it may help, and my back felt amazing after just once. I need to take time out of my day to do a little yoga, have a little me time and look after myself a little better.
That is it for this months favourites and goals, I really hope to continue this idea and I hope I manage to achieve a few of my goals at least!.
Do you have any goals for this month? What do you think of mine, and my favourites?
Thank you for reading, talk to you again soon!